Year 1 & 2 - Chichester
Welcome to Chichester Class!
This class consists of Year One and Year Two children.
Our Teacher is Mrs. Baroni.
Mrs. Range, Mrs. Sims and Mrs. Paynter are our Teaching Assistants. Mrs. Hays is our Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
Each Tuesday afternoon we are taught P.E. and R.E. by Mr. Dessena (Mrs. Baroni is out of class for planning and assessment time).
In addition we are so lucky to have the very kind help of Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Carr and Mrs. Clarke.
Our topic this Spring Term is Under the Sea!
Please scroll down for links to websites that you may like to access with your child to enhance their learning.
Please see the link for internet safety first.
Remember please to bring everyday:
Named water bottle, Reading Record, Reading Book and Mental Mathematics Book.
- Spellings are given out every Thursday or Friday. These will be stuck into the back of your child's reading record. Spelling tests take place on the following Thursday.
- Targets for Mental Mathematics are stuck into your child's green book. We will test your child each week. A new target is set once we are certain your child knows the previous target off by heart in any order.
- Library books are changed on Wednesdays.
- P.E. is on Monday and Tuesday. Please leave your P.E. kit in school, these will be sent home each half term and end of term for washing.
Homework Each day please try to:
- Read your Colour Band or Accelerated Reading book with an adult (just a few pages will do for longer texts). Ask your adult to sign and date in your Reading Record - a comment may be added too.
- Ask your adult to read out each spelling (randomly) for you to write or say the correct spelling. Do you know the meaning of each of your spelling words? Could you use your spelling word in a sentence?
- Work on the target you have been given for Mental Mathematics and ask your adult to help you. Remember to learn your targets off by heart so you truly know them in any order.